Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having problem connecting to network and internet

• Please log in to reply

chuck9999

chuck9999

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm using wins XP. Recently I've run HiJetThis program on my computer and got rid of some items found on the list. Since then I've been having problem connecting to my network and to the internet. When I do another scan with HiJetThis I'm getting 'Broken internet access because of LSP provider "c:\windows\system32\dolsp.dll" Missing'. Nothing has changed for the network and internet configuration. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,

Chuck

Advertisements

kr2464

kr2464

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Try running LSP fix or Winsock fix....

You can download both here (scroll down for the Winsock fix), with a bit more explanation about what you're doing, why you're having a problem, etc.

http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

chuck9999

chuck9999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you so much! It works. By the way, I'm getting a lot of popups on my desktop, even I don't have my browser (IE) open. I ran Adware, spybot, and hijetthis, but it seems not helping. Any suggestion?? Thanks.

Chuck

chuck9999

chuck9999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm having problem with the internet again. It was fixed after i ran the LSP Fix. Out of my curiosity, i ran the the Winsock fix you suggested, then the program removed 2 registries from the computer, then I lost my internet. I tried to go back to LSP fix, but this time I'm getting a message saying "protocal or NameSpace catalog key not present in the registry, please re-install winsock 2".
Please Help Again!!!