Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD writer

• Please log in to reply

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi, I have a problem with my cr-writer. When I burn an audio compilation and then try the cd it seems as though it was written in a defective way. Let me make myself more clear... After I burn the audio cd (I don't get any errors), I eject the cd and put it in the CD drive, the tracks aren't heard well (as though as the cd is dirty - from 00:01s skips to 1:03s within the same track) i.e. messes up the whole tracks.
Do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Edited by alandemartino, 20 March 2006 - 05:18 AM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hey there alandemartino

Maybe its not your harware giving you problems. What program are you using to burn the cds??? Have you tried puting the CD you created into a diffrent source (CD Player)

Let me know :tazz:

alandemartino

alandemartino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Infact now I don't think it's a hardware problem cause other compilations (software/mp3) are burnt well. No, i havn't tried to put it in another cd-drive. I use nero 6 to burn cds.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Ok, here is a new program you could use just for music:

http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-0-1

Its great also for converting and things like that. Use the "Audio Cd Creator" tab to create a music cd in the program.

Let me know if this works or does not work :tazz:

alandemartino

alandemartino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Well, I installed that program and tried to make an audio cd but I guess I didn't manage. When I drag the music I want the "Burn Cd" button doesn't get embossed :tazz: What am I doing wrong?

Edited by alandemartino, 22 March 2006 - 07:39 AM.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hey there alandemartino, sorry for the late reply.

Well for starters the file format is wrong (.mp3) to burn a cd that will play on the radio the format will have to be (.wav). So first convert all ".mp3's" to ".wav" and then you need to insert a blank cd. Then you need to select the drive the blank cd is in.

Anything else???

alandemartino

alandemartino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Hey there alandemartino, sorry for the late reply.

Well for starters the file format is wrong (.mp3) to burn a cd that will play on the radio the format will have to be (.wav). So first convert all ".mp3's" to ".wav" and then you need to insert a blank cd. Then you need to select the drive the blank cd is in.

Anything else???

hey spike_hacker_inc,

Its ok. You were right! Now I managed and everything works fine. I guess it was a software (nero) problem then. Thanks for your patience.

Alan :tazz: