Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

ram upgrade help

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi there :tazz:

i want to upgrade my ram sooner than later but i dont know what to do and what has to match due to my current ram and blah blah :)

someone suggested i make a report with everest, ive done that.

can someone take a look at the report and then do me a favour and select some ram sticks from www.pcworld.co.uk and show me please (theres a reason im choosing pcworld.co.uk...), im thinking of maybe putting another 1gb in there, but i have no free ram slots i think and 1 of my sticks is 512mb and the other is 256mb, would it help to just buy one 1gb stick and replace both the 512 and 256 stick because they might be crap?

as you can probably tell im confused more than i would be if i were in a maze, so please help :)

thanks? :)

Attached Files

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You already have 768 Mb of PC3200 memory installed on your computer. You can upgrade by finding a matching( same kind and usually same brand)512 stick of memory to replace the 256 stick you have in one of the slots. That will give you a gig of memory. All out would to be buying 2 one gig sticks of PC3200 memory. If you go this route check with the motherboard makers website to see what the maximum memory the bios will read.