Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Networking Issues

• Please log in to reply

laurdis

laurdis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have all my networking working and can be online to but Internet explorer will not run on my client computer. All my messanger work though on the network

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean internet explorer won't run on the "client computer"?
wont open? wont connect? gives error messages? what?

describe your network in detail
hardware?
topology?
what part of it does work? (files and print sharing...just file...just print...all other machines can connect to the internet just nt this one?)

laurdis

laurdis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I appoligize for my lack of detail. Internet explore is not running on my client computer. The explorer itself can not find the proxy server through the host. The setup has been done on both my laptop(client) and on the host(pc). No setting have been change, firewalls were all disabled on set up and host was done first. The client reads the internet gateway and all of internet access is working for msn messanger. Only my client is not navigatin Internet explorer through the host.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
ok...so you just get a "page not found" or whatever messae in IE when you open it....you mention a proxy server.....are you actually using a proxy server? do you have a proxy server locally? or are you using a web-based one?

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Start > Control Panel > (left pane) Switch to classic view > Internet Options > Connections. Click "LAN Settings" tick "Auto detect settings", click ok, apply, OK, and reboot. Then see if it works now.

laurdis

laurdis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It is a local, by the way thank you the autodetect did work my full network is now moving on the net.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
No problems :tazz: