Try uninstalling the NetGear WG311 drivers and then do a shutdown. Remove the NetGear card and restart the machine (if you don't remove the NIC, XP will try to re-configure/install the card).
If you're comfortable with using REGEDIT, perform a search for the NetGear card (I'd probably do a search for NetGear and see what it finds). Delete any entries that it may find (I would highly recommend that you create a restore ponit first so that you can restore yourself if you delete something you shouldn't have).
If you don't feel comfortable with using REGEDIT or deleting keys, use a registry check/clean tool. I've been using Registery Mechanic from WinGuides (http://www.winguides.com
) and have been very pleased. In fact, I run it periodically on my machines (usually after I've run a Spyware check/removal app).
I believe you can download a demo version which will do just about everything that the full version does (I used the demo version for a while before I decided to purchase it).
Once all the entries are gone, reboot the machine once more and then try re-installing the network card following the instructions provided by NetGear.
Once you get it installed to where you're not getting the BSOD, be sure to run a Windows Update (if possible) against the machine and then check NetGear's web site and verify that you are using the current drivers.