Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS/2 to Serial (DB-9)

• Please log in to reply

sposes

sposes

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I have a PS/2 to Serial adapter. It was given to me so it never came with any of my mice. Since I am studying for A+ I decided to try the adapter out with one of my PS/2 mice. I get the standard error about there being no mouse connected and that i can either connect a serial mouse now or shutdown and install a ps/2 mouse. I went into Device MGR for good measure, even tryed deleting the PS/2 compatible device from the list, and doing a refresh. This has no effect.

How do you use one of these adapters? Is there special software or drivers to make them work?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.pcguide.c.../micePS2-c.html

sposes

sposes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks very much, that puts my question to rest. The link I found extreamly usefull as it has refernces for A+ and provides a wealth of info. Many thanks.