Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

spare keys?

• Please log in to reply

est

est

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a compaq presario M2000 and the keys are really flimsy and keep breaking. I've had the keyboard replaced before, now it's happened again! Does anyone know of a place where I could buy individual replacement keys, just for the ones I need?

Est

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if it were a desktop keyboard i'd say yes....but with a laptop they kind of have to be relatively specific keys as each manufacturer makes them a little different....you could try searching on google or something like that...you could also try being a little more gentle hehe..

est

est

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Gentle as a little daisy, my friend! Seriously though, I'm not a hard typer at all, though I do type ALOT, and the broken key is a heavily used one (full stop key). The keys don't depress very far, and the little plastic hooks that hold the key on are microscopically small and equally weak. Well I'll be upgrading soon so I guess I just won't go with compaq again :tazz: Thanks for your time though!