Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime in Windows - SBC/Yahoo DSL

• Please log in to reply

JeanneCSR

JeanneCSR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[color=#333399]In Windows XP my Quicktime does not work on most web sites.
I found a "test" site at a university and the QT video played. On other websites I just get a faded Quicktime logo.

I have Windows XP. Quicktime used to work. I recently changed to Yahoo DSL. They are no help. I downloaded various Windows updates for security and have installed Service Pack 2 for XP. I have installed the latest Quicktime. I've called and searched everywhere for help for several weeks. I generally use Netscape, but can't get Quicktime to work in Explorer either. I usually have popup blocker on, but QT doesn't work even if I disable it.

I don't know if this is a software problem, setup, firewall, popup blocker.

I've tried every setting and every help instruction I can find. I am afraid I now have the Windows XP settings so messed up it will never work.Any help is appreciated.

Even the paid support for Windows or my hardware maker is useless. They are just looking in manuals and scratching their heads.

Also, I'll pay a support person if I can get a referral to someone who can actually help.
So any referral to someone I can hire is also appreciated.

HELP (she shouts)! :tazz:

Thank you.

(To the forum manager -- don't know if I am allowed to ask if someone knows where I can pay for advice and help. I'm desperate. If not, please delete that last paragraph. thank you.)

Edited by JeanneCSR, 20 March 2006 - 02:53 PM.

Advertisements

samem

samem

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
what browser are u using