Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

don't look

• Please log in to reply

scott452

scott452

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi,
Really quick question
Thinking of ordering ThermalTake TR2 Value 430W power supply unit
I read in the specifications that the motherboard connector is 20+4 Pin
My motherboard connection has a 20 pin connector
I presume the 20+4 connector will still work with a 20 pin connection??
Thanks for any help

Scott

update: fixed the problem

Edited by scott452, 20 March 2006 - 03:55 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The Tr2's i ordered have a 24 pin to 20 pin adapter included. The powersupply has the standard 20 pin connector plus a separate 4 pin connector built-in the PS if they are needed.

I don't know about anyone else but i am getting a slightly low +5 volt line on the 2 i have installed on computers. It's only 4.97 volts but it does bother me that i may have to replace them one day if they are upgraded with more powerful hardware. I'm going to try the seasonics PS's next to see if they are any better. it may be that speedfan is not reading them correctly so i am also looking for another program that can read voltages.

SRX660