Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why cant i download anything?

• Please log in to reply

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
When i go to install somthin on the internet the "save","run" and "cancel" window comes up and it downloads but it dosnt show up where i save it at. If i run the program instead of saving it it downloads but doesnt run. what the matter with my installation? sorry if you dont know what im talkin about becaus eits confusing to me.

Edited by ddrcloud, 23 February 2006 - 06:44 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcoem to geekstogo,
you can't find it because your computer alows you to chose where you want to save it. Please tell it to go to the desktop and when you close your window it'll be there. If you need furthur instructions please fell free to ppost back
thanx
James

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
ok i did wut u said an dit doesnt show up on desktop and doesnt even show up on the computer.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok note down the file name that you are downloading. Once it has completed please go
start->search
and type in the file that you had just downloaded. Please tell me if it comes up on to your computer.
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 24 February 2006 - 03:21 PM.

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
nope doesnt show anything i check through file of my computer, and nothing of the file that downed doesnt show up this is really annoying cuz i have to do this important file. =(

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
is this anything telling you that it had completed?
James

EDIT: what browser are you using?

Edited by james_8970, 24 February 2006 - 06:23 PM.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
dont mean to but in james, start>control panel>folder options>view> make sure you can view temp files, as well as hidden ones :tazz:

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
ye athat didnt work im useing internt explorer somthing and it does say its complete but the box that u can check saying "CLose this box after downloading" i unchecke dit and its still closing out after it gets done downloading.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Please finish in the malware forum then post back, ukbiker is finding lots there.
James

Edited by james_8970, 26 February 2006 - 10:39 AM.

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
i posted it a long time ago and no one as replied yet

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
then please post in the waiting room forum, and a malware staff member, will be with you shortly.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
User being helped by UKBiker in Malware.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

User being helped by UKBiker in Malware.

your in good hands ddrcloud :tazz:

ddrcloud

ddrcloud

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Can anyone help get my downloading to work on my computer. I have tried everything "Run" and "save: both neither works but it does give it a time aproximatly speed to download why is this. I have also tried to save to a different save point and still it doesnt show up help me plz cuz i download alot of stuff.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there ddrcloud.

Do you have any firewall that might be blocking this action. I know Zone Alarm can stop certain files from downloading ".Eg .exe". If this is a work computer many companys also use this type of system to stop users from downloading anything but work. It is set that only ".doc , .mdb, ect." can be downloaded.

Let me know. :tazz: