Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp professional

• Please log in to reply

victor mizrahi

victor mizrahi

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hey i wanna upgrade from windows xp home to professional. Can you please first tel me whats better and is it worth taking the chance. Also can you give me the steps how to do it, i already have the CD. Will all my informaton get erased? can you please just tell me everything there is? thanks

Advertisements

Middie042

Middie042

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
Hi Victor,
may I inquire as to what features/functions you want to gain by the update? What type of system, ie Desktop, Laptop, who is MFG to know what proprietary functions they include with their systems, like hotbuttons, modems, etc? Sorry just saw Inspiron 2200 in your sig, :tazz:. Still would like to know what you need to gain for PRO. I have done this on Toshiba laptops, had to reinstall some of their software for certain functions still wanted to retain.

Always have a backup for the 'important' data. Got a cd burner on it? Use IT. Let me know about the first question, I will try to answer best I can.

Edited by Middie042, 20 March 2006 - 10:55 PM.