Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Wont Boot

• Please log in to reply

bendean

bendean

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

i woke up this morning to find my computer (having been on all night) frozen. After switching it off manually, not shutting it down properly, it has refused to boot back up.

All i get is a screen giving me options to start 'safe mode', 'last setting that worked' and normal. None of which work as the final screen i see flashes in a split second and restarts the computer for the same cycle.

I recently ridded the computer of the alcanB virus and installed PC Cillan as the new anti-virus software.

Any idea?

Thanks for your time,

Ben

Advertisements

bendean

bendean

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
After having read other posts i thought i should mention that:
1. i cant start up safe mode in any of its forms
2. i cant run a repair from the windows boot cd
3. from the split second flash of a blue screen before the shut down i can see the filepath for windows/sytemroot. i think it says there is an error in that file or something. below that it says that a physical memory dump will occur or something.

sorry the details are so poor, it just flashes so quickly.

Ben