Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

p2p programs not working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DJ_NIKAZ

DJ_NIKAZ

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
my internet connection is fine but every p2p program doesnt seem to be working such as, limewire, ares and winmx, help?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there DJ_NIKAZ, Geeks to Go Forums does not support any P2P applications.

Sorry... :tazz:

Edit: Please Read Terms Of Use

http://geekstogo.com...?act=boardrules

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 21 March 2006 - 06:59 AM.

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
hey DJ_NIKAZ,

Do you have any kind of windows Firewall/ Zonealarm etc...? If yes, most probably thats the problem. Make sure they don't block the P2P software from accessing the internet (firewall settings). If you manage let me know please :tazz:

Alan :)

DJ_NIKAZ

DJ_NIKAZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
i have no firewalls that i know of, but just to be on the safe side, how do i check?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You have no firewalls, and you're using P2P programs? :) Not using a firewall is a sure fire way to get your machine severely infected...trust me on this. :tazz:

First, see if the Windows XP firewall is running. It's not the greatest, but it's better than none. Go to Start>Control Panel>Windows Firewall, and see if it's set to "on". If not, DO turn it on. At least your incoming traffic will be monitored.

You need to get a GOOD firewall. I personally use the free Zone Alarm one. It's easy to use, and I know many others around here who use it as well. You can get it HERE

For more information on keeping your computer safe, Read This Article

As already mentioned, we do not offer help with P2P programs here on this site. If you have a hardware or malware (virus) issue, please post in the appropriate forums, and we'll be happy to help. :)