Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti-virus

• Please log in to reply

DJ_NIKAZ

DJ_NIKAZ

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
anyone know the best FREE anti-virus? and i dont want any [bleep] trials, full versions only :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here and try to be nicer

http://www.filehippo...ware/antivirus/

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
As I told you before, read this article: Keeping Your PC Safe

It has links to free A/V's, firewalls, etc. not *trials*. :tazz:

Since you are using file sharing programs and have no anti virus or firewall, I'd be willing to say that your machine is most likely infected since you are having trouble with it. Please read THIS topic. Pay close attention to Step 5: Posting a HijackThis log. You should post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum to be checked over.

DJ_NIKAZ

DJ_NIKAZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
um...hello? i was just saying before that my file sharing programs are NOT working, so how could i be infected?

:tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
um....hello? You could very well have gotten infected BEFORE they stopped working. Anything else not working? Tis very possible that malware is causing things to not work properly on your system. :tazz:

I'm just trying to help.