Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Back Up Advice

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I just read over the forum and I have a question. My father's computer is past the point of return with viruses and spyware. However, there is vital info that he needs. I have ghost and was wondering if I copy his drive to another and reformat; what is the next step?

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
if you ghost the drive you'll also be ghosting the nasties....you could get an external drive and copy all his important documents over to that...or burn them on cds..or usb flash drives or something like that..then copy them back over after formatting and reinstalling.