Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeForce 6100 to ATI 9600 ? upgrade

• Please log in to reply

venomx723272

venomx723272

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Im new here and I really need help before I buy my new pc > link to the one I want ...
http://www.bestbuy.c...product&count=2

ok I have a radeon 9600 "gfx card" now can I put my 9600 card in this new pc that I want ? please and much thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the NVIDIA GeForce 6100 graphics card in that system is integrated, i couldn't get enough full specs on the system in question to see whether it has an AGP slot or PCIE slot i'm going to assume that your 9600 is an AGP card...so as long as the new system has an AGP slot you will be able to use the 9600 with the new machine..you will just have to disable the onboard card in the new system once you install the 9600

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ideally though you want to have a PCI-E system as an AGP would be very diffcult to upgrade the gfx card. The best you can get now is the GS series but those are stop gap measures while trying to flog surplus chips. It is unlikely they will continue to produce AGP cards of even the slower GS versions when they move to DX10 architectures, its something worth bearing in mind.

venomx723272

venomx723272

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Much thanks guys this will help me out :tazz:

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Hmm, its personally, but I have had bad and good experiences with Gateway, mostly bad... Not fond of Dell either...

Though I do like HP now. For the money as I looked and compare, HP is usually the cheapest for the parts it has in it. Also, a lot of their mobos now support PCI-e 16 too.