Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chassis Intruded Fatal Error-----System Halted

• Please log in to reply

ryanmcclarey

ryanmcclarey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
k so heres what i did, opened the case plugged the led cables and front panel usb and audio jacks into the motherboard (Asus A8N-sli deluxe) then i plugged the chassis intrusion cable to the mobo. I start up the PC and after the bios a get a message saying "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error-----System Halted". I cant get past this. How do i fix it? Its a thermaltake Tsunami dreams case. please write back asap.

Edited by ryanmcclarey, 21 March 2006 - 09:59 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
personally...i would disconnect the chassis intrusion and disable it....is this a home computer? i've never had a need for chassis intrusion detection on a home machine as i've always known when someone's opened up the case (or at least knew when there was someone there that would try it)

ryanmcclarey

ryanmcclarey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i diconnected it but i still get the mmessage

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you get into the bios? if so is there any reference to intrusion detection there?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
dling the manual for your board

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you took the chassis intrusion cable off..did you put the jumper back on the pins on the board?

with the board oriented with the processor away from you

you would put the jumper on the farthest right two pins

||[||] [ ] = jumper | = pin