Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trillian

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. So I am still in the process of moving from one computer to another. I had Windows 98 SE, and now moving to Windows XP, SP2.

I use trillian for ICQ. It seems that I can log-in, but then I don't see my name or names of any one else on the buddy list as loged in. Names are there, but they are not indicated to be on-line, while people really are on-line. I moved my messanger as is, from one pc to another. So all the info was saved. I also updated the messanger to the newer version. I did try to turn off Zonelabs and Avast, but it did not help. I use router to get on-line. However, it should not be a problem. What am I doing wrong? :tazz:

Please advise. Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
xp service pack 2 comes with a firewall..you'll need to add trillian to the allowed programs list

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hi. Umm, no that wasn't it. Trillian had access to the net. The only problem was is that all the names I had on my list were in "Orphaned" state. Which means that they were there as buddies, but did not belong to any one account. So what I did is assigned it to my ICQ account, and now all is well. So this topic is now complete and may be closed. Thank you. :blink: :whistling: