Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu at 100% non stop

• Please log in to reply

rov

rov

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
i woke up and took the comp off of sleep mode, and i noticed it immediately struggling to open wmp and IE.

are there any causes to this? malware?

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Have you tried restarting it? Does it still do the same thing? Open task manager, are there any processes running that you dont recognize?

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
sounds like malware- if you restart and you do see its still running at high processes then it would be malware and you would wnat to start in the hijackthis part of the forum

sometimes it could be a high load on teh system and you should restart- make sure you do not have any programs such as prime 95 or GRID or Folding at home running

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try not keeping your system on sleep and shutting it down sleep mode and hibernation consume HDD space and RAM, if its persists after a reboot come back and we can try some troubleshooting.

rov

rov

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
left it off while i was at work, still the same. il do some more scans and check on any new processes

rov

rov

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
malware, fixed