Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus recovery, auto reboot on safemode and normal

• Please log in to reply

sposes

sposes

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
a friends computer is automaticaly rebooting on starup and in safe mode as well. I am very certian a virus is the cause of the problem, he has had viruses before., and after useing Barts PE to explore the HDD I find lots of spyware. Unfortunately I cannot get the HijackThis plugin for Barts PE to work with the standard nu2menu, though I have the runscanner plugin. Also it apears the MSConfig plugin only works with xpe. So I need a way to edit the startup list. Any sugestions?

Dont think it would be the CIH virus? wouldent that stop the windows logo as well, since the windows logo displays, it even gets in and displays the desktop before rebooting.

Advertisements