Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found

• Please log in to reply

jayclay

jayclay

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Where to start. OK, I've been trying to get rid of about:blank. Before joining your help site, I was told to do certain things. Unsuccessfully. One of them was to update to SP2 for WINXP Pro. I noticed in the guidelines of things to do for removing hijacking, your site said not to update to SP2 with malware infecting my computer. Too late. After reading your complete instructions, I have removed SP2 only to come up with the error of "Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point shcreate threadref could not be located in the dynamic link library shlwapi.dll. After reading Microsofts Article ID#888162 to resolve this problem, I cannot resolve it. I made sure there was no listing of SP2 still in Add/Remove Programs, as well as the hotfix KB834707. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I either drop it in the ocean, or pay to repair. I really don't want to pay. Thank you!

Advertisements