Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What would cause a mic to suddenly stop working?

• Please log in to reply

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
It's a headset combo, I just reformatted, and now it doesn't work. The speakers in the headset however, do work.

I don't think it came with any drivers, and I'm not finding anything on Logitechs page.

Here is the headset if it helps:

http://www.logitech....,CONTENTID=7511

Advertisements

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Do you have it plugged into the right port??

Posted Image
Should look something like this

Are you using Windows XP? If so go into your control panel then go to (if it is not set to classic mode set it to that)
Then go to "Sounds and Audio Devices" On the first Tab you will see "Device Volume" and then click on "Advaced"

Posted Image

When that is open you will be able to see if the Mic has been muted (which I think is the problem) If you do not see Mic as an option.. go into "Options" then "Properties" and click on the box for the Mic.

Not the problem?

Go back to "Sounds and Audio Devices" in the control panel... then click on the "Voice" Tab
Posted Image

Is there a device to choose from in "Vocie Recording" if not you will need to most likey re/install you sound card driver.
If it is there click on "Test Hardware" this will run a simple walkthrough diagnostic program and might give you and indication of what the problem might be.

Let me know if none of that help and we can try some other stuff!

Coasttech

p.s ...I love your little FF7 guy ...made me laugh

Edited by coasttech, 21 March 2006 - 08:29 PM.