Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CANT DOWNLOAD FROM INTERNET

• Please log in to reply

Leenis

Leenis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I cant seem to download from Internet explorer anymore, dont know why. Started yesterday. Everytime i click on the link to download something with the default downloader that comes with Explorer or i right click and save target as, it will show the box to which the little blue boxes show how far the download is, but won't continue to give me the option to OPEN, SAVE, or CANCEL. Then an error box shows up and says " Internet Explorer cannot download Blah Blah Blah file, Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. the requested site is either not availible or cannot be found. Please try again later."

It does this with everything and anything i try to download from the browser. I think it might have something to do with ActiveX controls, not sure though. Maybe missing a .dll file somewhere?

any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

williesbest2

williesbest2

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
Do you have another browser?

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I cant seem to download from Internet explorer anymore, dont know why. Started yesterday. Everytime i click on the link to download something with the default downloader that comes with Explorer or i right click and save target as, it will show the box to which the little blue boxes show how far the download is, but won't continue to give me the option to OPEN, SAVE, or CANCEL. Then an error box shows up and says " Internet Explorer cannot download Blah Blah Blah file, Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. the requested site is either not availible or cannot be found. Please try again later."

It does this with everything and anything i try to download from the browser. I think it might have something to do with ActiveX controls, not sure though. Maybe missing a .dll file somewhere?

any help would be appreciated.

Hi Leenis,

Have you tried downloading using another browser such as Mozilla FireFox? I don't like IE that much, I reccomend you to use firefox.

Alan :tazz:

Leenis

Leenis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I use IE, i dont mind it. Firefox doesn't seem to work properly now for some reason, so i dont use that, and i've also tried time and time again to re-install it and it still pisses me off so im done with it. And i have Avant Browser too and that does the same thing as IE. So i need a solution to get IE to work.

williesbest2

williesbest2

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
What do you mean by it doesn't work right anymore?

Leenis

Leenis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i dont really want to get into that, i've tried fixing it before, no luck. I just want to focus on my first problem.

williesbest2

williesbest2

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I would try doing a HijackThis log and posting it in the malware removing forum.

Leenis

Leenis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok, i'll try it.