Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Password Problem

• Please log in to reply

FLSonShine

FLSonShine

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am having trouble staying logged into sites (especially myspace). Every time I click on a new page it asks me for my password again. This keeps me from being able to post comments, edit my page, and a few other things.

It only does it on BOTH my computers at home. I went to myspace on a friend's computer and it was fine.

Please help me figure out what settings I need to change to get it back the way it is suppose to be

Thanks,
Susan

Advertisements

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Well it may be because you need to enable cookies. To do this open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options". In the new window click on the "Privacy" tab. Then click and drag the ajustable slider to "Medium" and then click "Apply" and "OK". This should now fix your problem.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Maybe your parents snuck a key logger onto the pc while you weren't looking.
♥ Wendy

FLSonShine

FLSonShine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well it may be because you need to enable cookies. To do this open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options". In the new window click on the "Privacy" tab. Then click and drag the ajustable slider to "Medium" and then click "Apply" and "OK". This should now fix your problem.

I've already tried that, I even put it on low to see if that helped - it didn't, any other suggestions?
Thanks
Susan

FLSonShine

FLSonShine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Maybe your parents snuck a key logger onto the pc while you weren't looking.
♥ Wendy

I am the parent........lol. But is there a chance i loaded that while adding another program and didn't know it? How do I check?

Thanks,
Susan

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi FLSonShine, sorry about not responding sooner. The answer to that is a resounding "YES!"

I would suggest that you look up at the top of this page, see that blue "?", look to the right of it where it say if you think you have malware "Start Here", click on that link and that bugger and then follow all of the instructions on the page it takes you to.

Those guys are really good at helping out with things like that. Good luck, and if you don't mind would you let me know the outcome?

Bye ♥ Wendy