Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.dll files under Windows folder

• Please log in to reply

fitch19

fitch19

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Just wondering what type of files they are and if I can get rid of them? Thanks.

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
.dll files are DYNAMIC LIBRARY LINKS

Your computer has to have these files in order to operate. Unless you are trying to repair a major problem and you know what you are doing, I can't think of a reason you would need to delete a .dll file.

If you are trying to free up some memory on your hard drive, I would suggest buying a new HD. Even the big drives are pretty cheap these days. I realize cheap is a vague term and has different meanings for different people. What I am saying is that you can easily go pick up a small drive for less than $50 and have a second HD in your system.

Hope this helps.