Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Check Error

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have a really big and heavy hammer? j/k

....the thing has to be able to boot to cd.......when you're in the bios..and change the boot order to cd first.. while in the bios you should be choosing an option to exit and save changes...are you doing that?

Advertisements

lostonpeasea

lostonpeasea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I found an alternative way to boot off the CD, pressing F2 and changing the boot sequence for whatever reason would not work?

After successfully booting off the CD I choose the R option for Recovery Console and I get the following window. I'm not sure where to go from here, it asks me which Windows installation I would like to log on to and I can only insert one key stroke.

Microsoft Windows XP™ Recovery Console.
The Recovery Console provides system repair and recovery functionality
Type EXIT to quit the Recovery Console and restart the computer.

1: C:\ WINDOWS
Which Window installation would you like to log on to.
(To cancel, press Enter)?

gronka

gronka

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
pess 1 then enter. then whe it asks for a password either enter your password or if ya dont have one just press enter. then you can do your chkdsk /r