Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about ram compatability

• Please log in to reply

Metatron2012

Metatron2012

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
im getting the ( DFI Land Party UTnf4 sli DR. Expert ) motherboard and im also getting the G.Skill extreame

2X 1gb pack of 184pin DDR500 ( PC4000) ram. and ive been reserching the mobo on DFI and other

hardware reveiws sites and i just found something i was curious about ill paste the tiny snippet here
.......................................................................................................................................................
"Experts Tip: Memory in Channel A and B
DFI motherboards are like car racing engines and require a lot of tweaking and testing. One consensus about DFI LANParty NF4 motherboards is that certain memory runs better in certain slots. Low latency memory (like modules based on BH6/5/UTT) tends to perform slightly better in the yellow slots while Samsung TCCD based DIMMs like the orange slots. Another thing to consider is place the weaker overclocking DIMM in the slot closest to the processor while keeping the colour information in mind.
Comments and Feedback? Suggest a Tweak."

....................................................................................................................................................

this is from PCstats.com . Does this mean i couldnt buy a secound pack of 2X 1gb of

G.Skill extreame ram further down the road when i need more ram. Just askin cause lol id hate to have

compatibility issues.

( my own thought's)- i think it would be fine and that their shouldnt be any compatability issues, but my gut tells me i should double check and ask question's before i throw down anymore dough.

Thanks Again,

Edited by Metatron2012, 22 March 2006 - 11:08 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't see where there would be any major issues...and i also don't see why any motherboard manufacturer would build in a ram preference into the board...doesn't make sense..but i'm sure it happens (maybe not intentionally)....i think alot of the issues they describe involve overclocked systems more than just "plug the ram in and let her fly"..but i could be wrong