Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP crashes all the time!

• Please log in to reply

Kyser

Kyser

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz:
Hello everyone!!!

I have a huge problem with XP Service Pack 2!!!! since I upgraded my XP SP1 to XP SP2, my computer crashes like 5 to 10 times a day!!! it's awfull I can't work I cant do anything???

can anyone help me??? I don't know what info do you need, just ask for it and i'll give!!!

thanks!!!

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
You may be having software compatablity issues with SP2. First make sure the software you are running is compatable with SP2. If it isn't try to get your computer to run long enough to download an update from the software's manufacturer.

If you are still having trouble, you may have to restore your XP system files with the XP source disk. With the disk in the drive, press a key at bootup to boot from the CD. Use the option to install XP and then choose the option to repair system files. This will repair your system files and should bring your computer to a working state. You will loose SP1 and SP2 during that process. Now, turn your automatic updates off. You can do this in the control panel by clicking SYSTEM and then clicking AUTOMATIC UPDATES. Now navigate to the Microsoft update site, or just click UPDATE WINDOWS from the tools menu in IE. Download just the updates you need avoiding SP2.

Hope this helps

Kyser

Kyser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey thanks for the help!! I'll try and will report back to you!!!

once again thanks!