Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

low disk space

• Please log in to reply

dohdohbird

dohdohbird

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have windows xp we do mostly email and save quite a few jokes, etc, but very little else. the erasable ,local disk C has capacity of 6.97GB I have been cleaning and defraging daily and deleteing everything I can. The most free space I retreve is 220MB??? Am I missing a clean-up option? Need larger disk (if so --how to do?) orWHAT? I can't figure out what is taking up all that space! Note: Please post any apprciated Help in language a "new to this sh_ _, 60+"can hopefully follow!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
System restore is a possible, click start then all programmes, click accessories, system tools, disc clean up, click more options, click clean up restore points, confirm and reboot, check the disc space

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I would reccomend just purchasing a new hard drive. You can find a 30 GB one for under $50. And they are very easy to install into your current system.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
There is also, on ebuyer an 80GB HDD for £40 :tazz:.