Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Viewing page & image problems

• Please log in to reply

Alanaos

Alanaos

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi

I ran a clean up, ad-aware, spybot and McAffe scan on my system earlier. Now I've been having trouble:

a. loading web pages

b. viewing images once I do (occasionaly) manage to get into a site. The box with a red X appears in place of images

c. Internet connection is VERY slow.

Any ideas???

Many thanks

Alana. x

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
your internet will run slower after running clean up! As it's purpose is to remove cookies and temprairy files from your computer. The reason your computer has these files is to speed up you computers internet speed when you reviste the site. In other words the first time you view a site after you run this program it'll be slow, however the next time you do end up running it your computer will have downloaded all the files anew thus creating the faster internet connection that your used to.
As for the red x's please procede to the following URL and let me know if it help's you out with this problem. http://support.micro...om/?kbid=283807
thanx'
James :tazz:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
*note* try what i have said here however wait for your help to come in the malware forum to post back as that may very well be your problem.
thanx
James :tazz: