Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus A8N-SLI NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I was wondering if a Asus A8N-SLI NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard would support aN Intel® Celeron CPU 2.60 GHz. I'm Getting a new motherboard and i want to see if it supports my old CPU.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Asus A8N Socket 939 + Celeron 2.60GHz?

Q. Will that cpu fit in that board?
A. Probably. With the application of a small hammer & lots of tile adhesive. You would certainly have lots of empty holes left over on the cpu socket.

Q. Will that board support that cpu?
A. Definately not.

In short, your cpu is an Intel chip (socket 478, probably) but that motherboard only supports 64-bit AMD cpu's (socket 939).

If you intend to keep the CPU & just change the board, then you need to be looking for boards that support socket 478 cpu's. Unless you actually have a Celeron D LGA 775 cpu, in which case you need a board with a LGA 775 socket.