Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am getting a new CD-ROM drive

• Please log in to reply

Sir Grand Funk

Sir Grand Funk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Never bought one before, installed one, never used it.
My drive is |2374|273d, just plain icky, though it has many capibilities, it is slow, makes me think it is preloading... yes... like a web page... searchin...
Anyways, I am going to buy, and install one soon, I hope I have very detailed information of my computer in my bio or what not, because I am to lazy right now to type it out (hand cramps, sad eh?).

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It doesnt matter what kind of computer you have for cdrom drives. I never had any problem installing any cdrom drive in any desktop puter.

I prefer the sony or lite-on drives. The lite-ons are good if you have limited space behind the drive. In computers where a regular cdrom drive hits on the edge of the motherboard so that the drive sticks out of its slot in the tower is where i will use the lite-ons.

I usually buy dvd-rom drives instead of cdrom drives now. They only cost $5 more than the $15 cdrom drives. A lot of the magazines give away dvd's with the magazine and its nice to be able to read them also. I get the sony or lite-on dvd drives also. Dvdrom drives also read cd's.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16827131416

SRX660