Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BEST SECURITY SOFTWARE FOR ONLINE BUSINESS

• Please log in to reply

btownfox

btownfox

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
HI,
I'M GOING TO BE CREATING AN ON-LINE COMPANY SELLING ITEMS VIA A DROPSHIPPER AND CONNECTING MY EBAY BUSINESS WITH THE AFORE MENTIONED. MY QUESTION IS THIS: SINCE MY NEW ON-LINE COMPANY WILL BE DEALING WITH CREDIT CARDS AND TOLL-FREE NUMBERS; UNLIKE THE PRESENT EBAY BUSINESS, WHAT DO PEOPLE RECOMMEND FOR SECURITY SOFTWARE? ONE PERSON'S ANSWER (OF WHOM I RESPECT) MENTIONED ZONE SOFTWARE. SO I'M CLOSE TO BUYING ZONE ALARM INTERNET SECURITY SUITE OR ZONE FOR SMALL BUSINESS. BUT I WAS LOOKING FOR A 2ND OPINION.
THANKS AHEAD OF TIME,
~BTOWNFOX
[font=Arial][size=5]

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Both those should have trial versions which you can get one of and see what you think of it

You can crosscheck it by running online virus scans (google)

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A good read on the subject is here.

http://www.webdevelo...card_fraud.html

A plus is to use a linux server for online buying. Linux is much easier to lockdown than a windows server. That is if you are going to have your own server. Many local ISP's have business website hosting for these kinds of businesses.

SRX660

btownfox

btownfox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
That's a good idea SRX660 but I don't think Linux is in the picture at this time. I'm not sure if you ever heard of it but the company is Auction Teacher. I could get more information on the underside but I'm going to be concentrating on creating sales and maintaining that flow. My main concern is that I'm going to be using a company "Merchant Solutions" for Credit Card information and since this is new to me, I try to make sure I cover all angles.

btownfox

btownfox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm going to check out that site you gave me SRX660, thanks for that. I'm not a developer. I was a Sr. QA Analyst afew years back and lost my job once Bush came into power and decided to outsource and let many of us Americans (as I'm sure you know) fall by the wayside. This is not the venue to comment, this is the future. A website that helps the fellow man and doesn't ask for any money. "Only in America." Of course as a consumer and grateful recipient to this cause, everyone knows you don't get something for nothing.
Back on track: I keep getting Panda Software emails; I use Norton now but I want to change to a more secure security so when customers give me their Credit Card Numbers, I'll feel safe knowing that the software I chose was the right one. Thanks, ~Scott

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

A good read on the subject is here.

http://www.webdevelo...card_fraud.html

A plus is to use a linux server for online buying. Linux is much easier to lockdown than a windows server. That is if you are going to have your own server. Many local ISP's have business website hosting for these kinds of businesses.

SRX660

That was very intersting ... Thank you for that link. I was curious about how they keep it so secure and that sums it up very well.

btownfox

btownfox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm glad my question helped someone else as well. Meanwhile I'm checking out the best software for my situation. I wasn't clear (and I should have been), but I don't have nor will I have my own server. I just had a question on the best software security for my situation and my future customers security. Thanks. ~Fox