Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ways to improve connection speed for china's website?

• Please log in to reply

cosmiqeddie

cosmiqeddie

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
im living in malaysia, and im using 512kbps broadband. and tat works juz fine when surfing US n europe websites. but i wonder y china related website took me hours just to download few kbs of files.. is there any matter to do with our malaysia broadband provider? o wat?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
When you consider that China and Japan are literally packed to the rafters with residents and a large chunk of the residents are online as well (plus attempts by the Chinese government in recent months to filter non-Chinese traffic hence more "internal" traffic), it's not surprising.

But having said that, all of this might have nothing to do with it anyway. To get somewhere, a request to look at a web site has to go through various stages, known as hops. Now the more hops you have to go through to get somewhere, remember you have to go through the same hops to get back. Therefore if there is a faulty hop somewhere on the circuit that's holding everything up, it'll slow your connection speeds.

There's probably not a lot you can do about it anyway, just try to get your downloads from elsewhere on the planet.

cosmiqeddie

cosmiqeddie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
but the country next to malaysia, singapore is working just fine surfing those china webs. i had a friend there, n i always nid him to download n then send those files for me...i wonder why singapore, which is farer from china, but works better in the braodband service.

cosmiqeddie

cosmiqeddie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
any help out there? just wanna surf china's webs.... anything to do with proxy o wat? cant malaysia's broadband service be as good as our neighbour country? lol. replies are greatly appreciated

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There's probably nothing wrong with your broadband connection if you can get to everywhere else but China. Country politics may have something to do with it but I very much doubt it myself. All you can do is schedule your Chinese downloads for periods when a lot of China isn't online, or download from elsewhere or move to Singapore :whistling: