Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000 - Internet Directory Service accounts

• Please log in to reply

StampingJen

StampingJen

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Outlook 2000 I go to Tools > Accounts > "All" tab. I have a number of directory service accounts: Bigfoot Internet Directory Service, Verisign Internet Directory Service, and WhoWhere Internet Directory Service.

What are these for? Can I delete them all? Are they spam?
I've been getting TONS of spam the last month or so (7-10 a day), whereas previously we hadn't had any.

Thanks!

:whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That sounds more like Outlook Express, not Outlook 2000

StampingJen

StampingJen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Nope. Outlook 2000. (9.0.0.2711)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I have Office XP Pro and 2003 Pro, it is not on those and I do not recall it being a feature of 2000 Premium

When I press tools, e-mail accounts, view accounts, it shows a list of accounts, nothing else

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
[attachment=7474:attachment]does it look like that? if so that's outlook express the menus of which you speak ARE NOT in outlook..only Outlook express...and all of those directory service links are in there by default..they are not spam or spyware related

StampingJen

StampingJen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yes, that's how it looks. It's weird tho, why does the titlebar say I have Outlook 2000, and so does my "about MS Outlook"? I know I used to have Express and didn't like it because it didn't have a lot of the features the full blown one had. Maybe it kept some of the features? :blink:

Doesn't matter I guess - I have the features I need. And since those aren't spyware, will just ignore them.

Thanks for your help! :whistling: