Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonic Update Manager

• Please log in to reply

scsd2pool

scsd2pool

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I am having the same issue as pqp, but my problem goes a little further... The same things pop up, but when I try to cancel installation (because it wont do it on its own) it doesn't do anything at all and completely freezes up my computer. Most other days I am able to cancel installation and move on, but not today. I have tried rebooting my computer, but to avail, the same thing keeps happening. I would like to remove this program from my computer but do not have the chance when my pc is frozen!!! PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

gronka

gronka

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
reboot the computer. press F8 once per second (theres many ways to get to this screen but this one seems to work for most machines.) You will get the windows advanced options. select safe mode. press ENTER. press enter again to selct your operating system. Log in as the administrator. Try to uninstall it from here. Sometimes the windoews installer service is needed and thats not available in safe mode. If you get that message then go to start> run> and type MSCONFIG. click selective startup then uncheck the Load Startup Items. Click apply then close. click restrt now when prompted and allow the computer to reboot normally. You should be able to avoid and of those windows prompting for updates and go uninstall anythign you want. Once you are done uninstalling you wuill go back to START>run > MSCONFIG and put a check next to normal startup. then apply then close the restart now and your computer will reboot. everything "should" be wonderful now.

Good luck