Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobo and case issues

• Please log in to reply

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Umm i got an Aspire X-cruiser and i dont know how to make the fans work with the case because it has a speed gauge at the front and i dunno how to make the fans acces my case if anyone can help please reply.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would imagine that the case came with a manual...it also seems to have come with some fans...but i would imagine that somewhere on the case is a place to plug the fan into...then a wire coming from the case to the mobo...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.aspireusa...m-x-cruiser.pdf

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
yeah dsenette i googled it and found it thank you anyways and i found the volume socket that sucker was hiding next to my 6800gs lol btw would i need to connect both power sockets to my psu for my video card or jsut only 1? by sockets i mean the 4 pin white male connecters

Edited by FuM, 23 March 2006 - 04:53 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

yeah dsenette i googled it and found it thank you anyways and i found the volume socket that sucker was hiding next to my 6800gs lol btw would i need to connect both power sockets to my psu for my video card or jsut only 1? by sockets i mean the 4 pin white male connecters

If your talking about the Y adapter that splits off that comes with the video card, you dont even need to use it.. Hook up a molex connector from the powersupply straight to the video card and you will be fine, thats what I do.

Its better to give the video card its own 12 volt rail wire with nothing else on the wire except the video card.. :whistling:

Edited by jrm20, 23 March 2006 - 09:13 PM.

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
whats a molex the small black connecters?

lol jrm20 I like need ur pager number so i can page u every 5 mins lol

Edited by FuM, 24 March 2006 - 07:07 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

whats a molex the small black connecters?

lol jrm20 I like need ur pager number so i can page u every 5 mins lol

Well I just remembered that you have a pci express video card and it has the different power connector built onto the card which is the new pci express power connector. Your powersupply should have atleast one or 2 pci express connectors that will just plug right into the video card itself without you even having to use the Y adapter.

If your power supply doesnt have the newer pci express connector then just use the Adapter that came with the video card then. With the newer Pci express cards that have the newer connector that has a 6 hole connector on the video card itself you need to use the adapter that came with it and yes plug 2 molex connectors from the power supply to it.

sorry for confusion hope this helps :whistling:

Just post a link to the video card that you bought so I can be shure.

Edited by jrm20, 24 March 2006 - 10:13 PM.

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
XFX Geforce 6800GS PVT42GUAD3 Video Card
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814150132
Thats my video card
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W Power Supply http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817103931
Thats my power supply
and by molex you mean the white 4 pin connecters right

Also i touched the inside of my case before messing with my mobo and stuff and i seem to have placed my mobo directly the first time on the metal plate would this cause a static discharge? I placed it on spacers/risers like 1 day after i realized what i did wrong.

Also about my mobo what are these sata cables and the nvraid disc would i need to use them? I only have 1 hardrive and 2 cd drives.

And i hope u had a nice birthday jrm20

Edited by FuM, 25 March 2006 - 01:27 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

XFX Geforce 6800GS PVT42GUAD3 Video Card
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814150132
Thats my video card
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W Power Supply http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817103931
Thats my power supply
and by molex you mean the white 4 pin connecters right

Also i touched the inside of my case before messing with my mobo and stuff and i seem to have placed my mobo directly the first time on the metal plate would this cause a static discharge? I placed it on spacers/risers like 1 day after i realized what i did wrong.

Also about my mobo what are these sata cables and the nvraid disc would i need to use them? I only have 1 hardrive and 2 cd drives.

And i hope u had a nice birthday jrm20

Your powersupply has 2 x PCI-E connectors so you can hook up the video card 2 different ways, your choice... Just use the pci-E connector from the power supply and hook it to the video card. You dont need to use the Y adapter included with the video card if you dont want.

The motherboard should be fine just remember to use the spacers next time.

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
ohh ok thx jrm cant wait to game with the J2006 yeah i named it so wat =)

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Aww my heatsink doesnt perfectly align with the hole for ventilation of it =(