Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes/Quicktime Problem..Need help

• Please log in to reply

Will T

Will T

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok. I'm on a Windows XP SP2, A gateway computer.

My primary problem is that I installed the K-lite mega codec pack and installed one of the presets (I think for playback and encoding). Now everytime I try and start up itunes it first started erroring each time. Then i reinstalled it and then even did a system restore So its like...really aggrivating ebcause i like itunes. Then i did a msconfig and ccleaned my comp, afterwards. Uninstalled and reinstalled and i discovered my Quicktime is out of date (it's 6.5 and i need 7.0) but whenever i try to install 7.0 it errors and says "Quicktime could not install"... is there any suggestions on how i could install quicktime w/o it erroring like just before it's finishing?

Advertisements

Will T

Will T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Anything at all?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you have quicktime alternative installed. its part of the mega codec pack. look for it under add remove programs or just completely remove the codec pack.