Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Help

• Please log in to reply

jl33326

jl33326

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Optiplex GX260, P4, 2.26 GHz, 768MB of RAM in a low profile case running XP Home Edition w/ SP-2 and all curent updates applied.

I just purchased a 19" LCD monitor :cheers: and want to upgrade the video card to take advantage of it's higher resolution capabilities. Currently I have a 32MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra which offers a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 so the image on the new monitor is not a crisp as it can be :thumbsup: .

I'm not into gaming and the like but do quite a bit with digital photography on this PC.

The problem... I'd like to take advantage of the DVI capability the monitor offers (if possible) but cannot seem to find a video card that has the combination of a low profile circuit board AND a low profile mounting bracket :mad: .

Everything I've found so far has the taller bracket which, upon installing in the AGP slot prevents closing the case :tazz: ;) .

Any thoughts on a compatible card?? I didn't think finding one would be as difficult as it appears to be.

Thanks for your help and thoughts :cheers: .

John-

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
I think this is what your looking for video card
:tazz:

jl33326

jl33326

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, but the card shown illustrates exactly the problem... low profile circuit board but the 5" tall bracket.

I spoke to TigerDriect (and visited one of their outlet stores near me in Miami) and they don't carry a card of the type I need.

Thanks again for looking though.

John-

IKImmortal

IKImmortal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Try this one...

http://www.computerc...products_id=515

:tazz:

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Just a remark,
LCD screens aren't the best for photo-editing. Their colour-range is a bit flatter than on CRT screens. So even at full resolution you may not get exactly what you expected.

Just FYI.

Greetings,
Ojo