Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network Gaming

• Please log in to reply

Mr_Maverick

Mr_Maverick

• Pip
  • 6 posts
...Ok, well I browsed through the other threads but couldnt find anything already existing in regards to gaming across networks... My only issue at the moment is Lag, its bad, and it sucks. :blink:

I have 4 PCs running through an ADSL Network router (With the internet) ... Generally i play C&C Generals with my dad, so we only have 2 playing at once, but the lag is bad with one to two comp players, and its crazy crap when we try with 4...more often than not, with 4 enemys, and the 2 of us, the network will mismatch.

I hope you guys can help me...is it our network cards (both pc's have the stock network card on there mobo's) , is it the network cable that produces the lag...??

Anyway, thx in advance guys, ur help is appreciated..!! :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
it's probably momre of a bottle neck in the modem trying to go out through the internet for the game...when all 4 of your are playing..are you just playing against..or with the 4 of you or are you trying to play on an internet server?

Mr_Maverick

Mr_Maverick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Nah, just the two of us. then we throw in computer opponents aswell...

And nah, its not over the internet... Running it through the network, however the network cables go through our ADSL router so all the comps get access to the internet... but we areent playing over the internet if thats what your asking...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
that is indeed what i was asking....alot of times these kinds of lags will occur when multiple people try to gout out of the same modem to play a network game....the router could still be a bottleneck though...you could maybe get a cheap switch and put it between the computers and the router...

your c onnection would then be..

wall to router/modem to switch to computers.....it's possible that the router just isn't capable of handleing the internal traffic...