Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

removable storage

• Please log in to reply

saygoodnight

saygoodnight

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I searched and couldn't find anything that helped. Basically, I have a jump drive that's supposed to be able to hold up to 1 gig of data. It's fairly new, and I've been using it fine. However, lately I realized that it seemed like I couldn't fit as much stuff on there and I decided to check it out. The capacity is 979 MB, but it says that I only have 84 MB free. I've deleted everything, and I don't know what else to do! I tried to defragment the thing, but that didn't remove the files and didn't really free up any extra space. I don't know what else to do!
Thanks!
-Lauren

Advertisements

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Are there any hidden files on it? To check have it plugged in to your computer, go to "My Computer", double click the drive, click "Tools" at the top, then "Folder Options...". Click on the "View" tab and then check "Show hidden files and folders" and then click apply. Now are there any files on it?

saygoodnight

saygoodnight

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yep, was the problem! thank you so much!

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I'm glad that I could help you :whistling: .