Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Drive not recognised

• Please log in to reply

aussiesteve

aussiesteve

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have recently encountered a very similar problem, and perhaps my comments may be of some use. I have a 256Mb Sandisk flash drive that has been working perfectly for more than a year. I have a PC at home, a laptop and a PC at school connected to a network with scores of other identical and non-identical machines. My flash drive works on all these machines except the one on my desk. The only thing I can think of creating this problem is one day I plugged 2 flash drives in at once, hoping to copy files from one to the other (which didn't work). Soon after I noticed that my flash drive didn't show up in [My Computer] anymore on my PC at school. It makes the right noise "bing bong" when connected and disconnected, and it shines the blue light when connected and I can successfully disconnect (eject) and the light goes out. Only problem is I can't see it. I tried to rename it, which I did on another PC, but this didn't help either. Same thing happene to another teacher in the same staffroom on his PC and it fixed itself eventually. But I'm still looking for an answer....

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01 ausiesteve – [Flash Drive not recognized]
24th MARCH 2006

aussiesteve – Welcome to – [Geeks to Go] – again

I see that the Moderator moved your Post into – [New Topic]

That will be ok – I can track it just as easy – I just wanted to let you know that I did not loose you – and that I want to assist you with your problem – I have some other issues/business to take care of now – but I will set up a game plan in the meantime –

You can give me more info on your PC/s at Home & at School and anything else that might be related to this issue – concerning USB

Thanks
Jack123