Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer does not print exactly as "print preview" shows

• Please log in to reply

weballoon

weballoon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My PC runs Windows ME, with WORD 2000. My printer is HP Deskjet 932c.
At the HP customer care website,I have tested for printer drivers, but it seems they are up-to-date.

This is a recent problem. Here's what happens: I have typed numerous drafts of a 3-column brochure in Word, in landscape orientation, with a page border. When I made a correction, I would either press "delete", or backspace, then fill in the correct word or phrase, then "Save". Prior to printing a sample on my HP Deskjet, I would look at "print preview" and make sure it was OK. Worked just fine, UNTIL suddenly, the printed page shows remnants of the old word or phrase which has been deleted, as well as the current correction (as if the new had been written over the old). Yet, the print preview looks good...this problem does not show in print preview. I have tried to go to the correction, delete it and type in the word or phrase again...trying to fake out the printer...not effective. And now...there are three characters hanging out of the color border to the right. Don't know where they come from! This has never happened before. Did I do something awful? Does anyone have suggestions? Cannot even estimate the time I have given to this. Would really appreciate your solution. Thanks.

Edited by weballoon, 24 March 2006 - 01:41 PM.

Advertisements

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
That’s pretty odd!! I would try updating you Word 2000 to the latest Serves Pack which can be found HERE

See if that fixes your problem!