Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd and dvd problems

• Please log in to reply

ardavagga

ardavagga

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have 2 drives, a cd rom and a dvd rw drive. I presume the dvdrw is also the one I should use to load / play a cd-r disc...?

Anyway, I tried to load a program from a cd-r and it wont load in either drive. i get the message "please insert disk"

Also the DVD drive wont play dvds now. I was able to burn cds on, as far as I can remember, the dvdrw drive. But its a while since I tried. Also I ran a check othe pc at PCPitstop and it didnt seem to list the DVD drive at all in the hardware.

In device manager, the Teac DVD drive has a red x on it, when I click it says it is disabled! I click to enable, but it says "Windows was not able to enable this device".

OK. So I opened MediaSource which has a DVD Audio Player (??) and it wouldnt play my DVD movie either. Got this message.

"Digital output or recording is not supported when playing back DVD audio. Please ensure that your audio output (lineouts) are connected to the analogue inputs of your speaker system or receiver and please make sure you have selected the correct speaker configuration"

Maybe this is not relevant.

a

Advertisements