Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer not working right HJT log

• Please log in to reply

gobugme

gobugme

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:35:29 PM, on 2/25/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\HPOnLReg\Remind32.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpsdlb01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP OfficeJet Pro 1170C Series\hpmsp2ia.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\VDC\AuVdc.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jerry\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Product Registration] C:\WINDOWS\HPOnLReg\Remind32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck /autofix /autoclose
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP 1170 FPB.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpsdlb01.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP ScanPicture.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP OfficeJet Pro 1170C Series\hpmsp2ia.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Web Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP OfficeJet Pro 1170C Series\reminder.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Canon NetSpot Suite Service - CANON INC. - C:\Program Files\Canon\VDC\AuVdc.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe

Church computer freezing up. Wonderif if XP needs to be reloaded or just wipe the drive and start over.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I don't see anything malicious in there, but you are using alot of memory, maybe too much. Do you know how megabytes of Ram are in the computer? If not then go to "Control Panel", "System", and on that window that pops up the "General" tab will be already selected. On that screen it will tell you information about the computer. Look to see what it says under Computer. This is what mine looks like:

Computer:

Intel®
Celeron® CPU 2.66 Ghz
3.50 Ghz
768 MB of RAM

Let me know what yours says, I think you might just need some more memory.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

gobugme

gobugme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Not at the church, but I think it only has 256 MB of Ram, older Dell P3 computer.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Hmm, I don't think that would be a small enough amount to freeze the system just doing one or two tasks at a time, but If you were to multitask, then that could be the problem. Does it freeze just sitting there, or when you have one or two things going? Or more like 5 or 6 things at once? Also check to see if you can find a Windows XP cd so you can try this.

Place the cd in the drive and click "Start", "Run", and type sfc /scannow don't forget the space between sfc and /scannow. This will check the system files and replace any missing or corrupted ones. Maybe this will help. On the other hand, I do recommend getting at least another 128mb of memory if it has 256 in it. Obviously if you can get 256 or more that would be optimal. If you do that and it still freezes, at least you'll know. If you get it at CompUSA or some big store like that you should be able to return it if you don't end up needing it, but in my opinion, if you have any less than 1024 mb you can use more. ;)

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

gobugme

gobugme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thx, I'll see id I can get to it tomorrow or It will be Monday the next time I can get my hands on it. I need to ask Jerry the primary user about when it freezes up.

Todd