Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red Stop Symbol Flashes to Green WheelChair in Status Bar

• Please log in to reply

BroHam

BroHam

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I started off with 4 different malwares in my status bar with spyfalcon etc... I ran through all the fixes listed on here and it fixed everything except...

Now all I have is a symbol in my status bar that flashes between a red stop symbol and a green wheelchair/handicap symbol. If I hover the mouse over the symbol it says "computer is infected" blah blah blah "click here to get all available software." Since google and this forum did not turn up anything I clicked on the symbol so I could atleast try and get the name of the malware. Well if I click on it, nothing happens. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm still infected at all but for some reason the symbol in my status bar remains. The symbol is there in safe mode too.

I tried looking around on here with no luck :/ Any ideas?

Here is my Hijack log...I don;t see anything in there:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:31:40 PM, on 3/24/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Motherboard Monitor 5\MBM5.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATITool\ATITool.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
G:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmartGuardian] C:\Program Files\ITE\Smart Guardian\ITESmart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MBM 5] "C:\Program Files\Motherboard Monitor 5\MBM5.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATITool] "C:\Program Files\ATITool\ATITool.exe" -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

Advertisements

BroHam

BroHam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:whistling:

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
Sorry for the delay in response. If you still need help, please do the following:

* Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

When the scan is finished, click on the "Save Report" button an save the results of the scan to your desktop.

Post a new HiJackThis log along with the results from ActiveScan

* Also open Hijack This and click on the "Open the Misc Tools section" button. Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Click the "Save List" button. Copy and paste that list here.