Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

turning off hibernate

• Please log in to reply

gomerj

gomerj

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
i just had my harddrive replaced and had to reinstall windows. the hibernate mode is turned on now and i cant figure out how to turn it off. ive been to display properties and the toshiba power management but i cant figure it out. can anyone help me out?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Right click the desktop, click properties, screensaver, power, have you got these options

[attachment=7515:attachment]

gomerj

gomerj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi K

yes ive tried to do that. what happends is i get referred to the "toshiba power management" which i have gone to but havent been able to make any changes. the only options are what happends when i close the lid (notebook) and when i press the power button.

any ideas?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got this option

[attachment=7516:attachment]

OR

What model is the notebook?

gomerj

gomerj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi K

No i didnt see that....but i visited the toshiba power management again and was able to navigate my way to the appropriate place. problem solved.

thanks again for your help - keep up the good work - i really appreciate it

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know