Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Cards

• Please log in to reply

Scottman75

Scottman75

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I currently have a cheaper Sound Blaster Live 24 bit card (5.1) installed on my system and recently purchased new Logitech speakers to go with it.

After the installation I used the Creative Sound Mixer and Manager to test the speakers out. The test was successful for 5.1 speakers. I could here all sounds during the test for each speaker.

However, the second I play music or any other audio, the rear speakers become dead and there is no sound whatsoever. I have seen this with home stereo systems when the music is not digital so I grabbed my THX recording and did not have any luck playing that either. The only thing I have not tried is playing a DVD on my system but I doubt that the sound will co-operate for that either.

I am curious if anybody out there has seen this before or knows the fix for it because my other system has an older 4.1 speaker system attached to it and it works fine with surround. As a final thought I did adjust or tune the volume controls for windows and the creative sound manger to ensure that the rear speakers were working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Scottman75 :tazz:

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
In control panel double click on sound and audio devices on volume tab at bottom speaker setting click on advanced. Advance audio properties box should popup make sure speaker setup is set to 5.1 surround sound speakers is what it is set too. if not pick it click apply then ok see if it works now?
:tazz: