Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using Panda software, Platinum 2006

• Please log in to reply

fferree

fferree

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When Panda is installed on my system I cannot pay bills at my bank web site. Without Panda, I can do it all. I contacted Panda and they give me a reference to Microsoft with umteen suggestions that do not address the problem. They suggest it has to do with security updates installed on my system. Would it have anything to do with the Microsoft firewall and the Panda firewall on my system. Are there settings I need to change in Panda or Windows XP security. I have consulted the bank and none of their suggestions worked.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got Panda and the XP firewall running?

fferree

fferree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
At the moment Panda is off my system. The firewall for both were on.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It could have been that, only one firewall should be running

Click start, control panel, network and internet, internet options to check security and then privacy are set to defualt, click apply on each

Some online banks only like IE

fferree

fferree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To check your suggestion, I reinstalled Panda and did a custom install. They say they turn off the Microsoft firewall if theirs is turned on. I did not install the Panda firewall. I went to my bank web site and did not encounter any problems. It seems like such a simple solution, if it proves to be the solution, why couldn't someone at my bank or Panda give me the solution?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is a matter for you, but you could install the Panda firewall, turn the XP firewall off, then swap it round when you want to use the banking site

fferree

fferree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I think I will stick with the Microsoft firewall and leave it at that. Thank you for your help.