Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound card not recognised

• Please log in to reply

maxshiu

maxshiu

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey,

i just set up my new comp, and all is good but i realised i got no sound. At first i thought i needed to instal a driver but that didnt seem to work. Im beginning to think i have to enable it or sumthing...its a standard integrated sound card. I downloaded a driver ac97...something else but yer i realli got no clue...so ne steps i can take to enable it wuld greatly appreciate...

Maxshiu

Advertisements

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
do you know what make/model your motherboard is?

maxshiu

maxshiu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yer i used a program and this is what it came up with:

Motherboard id: DMI
Motherboard name: Hewellet Packard 085Ch

Its a 'HP d530CMT Desktop' running xp...

um yer it cums up with like yellow question marks next to certain hardware...so yer thanks for replying

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
from what i can find, these are all the drivers for that motherboard Motherboard drivers

I would suggest you try each of the audio drivers 1 by 1, making sure to uninstall them as you go so u get no conflicts

Edited by loadsafuniam, 25 March 2006 - 08:07 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Is the sound disabled in the bios? I have had many onboard sound hardware go bad after a nearby lightning strike. I live in Fla where lightning is a problem. I've bought puters where the onboard sound was disabled so a PCI sound card could be used. When the puter was sold they took the sound card out and forgot to re-enable the onboard sound. Usually a yellow mark says the sound device is recoginized but the drivers are missing. a red question mark usually means the device is not working.

SRX660